September 13, 2019
Wait Staff work with the Dining Room Manager and food other service staff toward the goals set for the highest quality service in the restaurant and cafe. The Wait Staff works with the Dining Room Manager to ensure timely seating and service to residents and families, that special diets are followed and presents food that is palatable and appetizing in appearance, in a safe and sanitary environment by tray service or within Carmel Terraces cafe, restaurant or private dining areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Presents menu selections and answers questions politely.
- Relays correct order to kitchen and serves courses.
- Garnishes food as necessary and keeps foods covered until ready to serve to residents.
- Responds to additional requests and determines when course are completed and diners ready for next course.
- Serves soup, tosses salads, portion pies/desserts, brews coffee, performs all other side work.
- Clears and resets tables after each course and at the conclusion of the meal.
- Buses dishes to dish room.
- Sets up trays and tables including restocking condiments and sideboard supplies.
- Serves trays as necessary.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Assists in the proper care and use of kitchen equipment.
- Attends in-service training programs for Food Service employees.
- Observes all infection control, food handling and safety procedures.
- Respond to all staff, family members and residents in a courteous, patient and caring manner
- Effective management of time and schedule constraints is necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; three to six months related hospitality or food service waitress/waiter experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.