The Congregation of the Carmelite Sisters for the Aged and Infirm was founded in 1929 by Venerable Mary Angeline Teresa. As a young Sister she recognized a great and growing need to provide appropriate services for America’s aging, and often infirm, population. Strengthened by her faith she made her vision a reality by establishing her fledgling community during the great depression in America. St. Patrick's Manor has been a part of the Sisters' mission since its founding in 1953, when it was opened in the former Lafayette Hotel in Boston. Our current facility was built in Framingham, Massachusetts in 1969. Our building and grounds were designed to provide a gentle atmosphere where we can care for the holistic needs of our residents. Great attention is given to preserving each person's dignity and independence.
St. Patrick’s Manor is a non-profit, short and long term care facility. Located on 26 acres of lush, manicured lawns and gardens just minutes from route 9 in Framingham, Massachusetts with easy access to the Mass Pike.
The Congregation of the Carmelite Sisters for the Aged and Infirm was founded in 1929 by Venerable Mother Angeline Teresa. As a young Sister she recognized a great and growing need to provide appropriate services to America’s aging, and often infirm, population. St Patrick’s Manor has been a part of the Sister’s mission since its founding in 1953, when it was opened in the former Lafayette Hotel in Boston. Our current facility was built in Framingham, Massachusetts in 1969. Today we continue to embrace the Venerable Mother Angeline’s spirit and vision of compassionate, holistic care in an atmosphere of Christian understanding and faith to preserve the independence and personal dignity of all individuals.
At St. Patrick’s Manor you will enjoy safe, secure and pleasant surroundings, delicious and healthful meals, a variety of amenities and longtime staff who are knowledgeable, friendly and caring. Rehabilitation services are available, when indicated, by our team of professional therapists who tailor plans of care to the specific needs of each individual.
About Mother Angeline
Today, St. Patrick’s Manor offers:
- A homelike environment for long term and skilled nursing care for over 300 residents, St. Patrick's Manor is a place of life, a place of caring, and more importantly, a true home to our residents.
- The Rosarie Center, a 27-bed short term rehabilitation unit for individuals who have the potential to improve quickly and be discharged home, with services if indicated, as they recover from surgery or serious illness.
- The Marian Unit provides a safe environment and specialized care for individuals suffering from Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
- Respite Care at St. Patrick's Manor provides the much needed temporary break from the often exhausting challenges faced by the care giver. Round-the -clock-care offers peace of mind for family and friends.
- Pastoral Care at St. Patrick's Manor embodies our commitment to quality of life and is matched by the assurance of dignity in death. Our staff is trained to provide pastoral care to people of all faiths, offering vitally important emotional and physical support to families as death of a loved one nears. Hospice services are also available as needed.