As an experienced activity professional you will facilitate a program of activities that will meet the social, emotional, physical and other therapeutic needs of residents in our Memory Care Center.
Full time position. Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Integrate values of Carmelite Philosophy of Care
- Respect the dignity of each person
- Communicate in a positive, caring, and helpful manner with residents, family members, and other staff
- Lead assigned programs that are of interest and meaning to the residents in order to enhance their lives and exceed their active aging lifestyle expectations
- Find innovative ways for residents to express their creativity, enjoy favorite hobbies, and learn new things; collaborate with them to customize these opportunities to their interests
- Radiate positive energy and give residents reasons to celebrate every day
Education and Experience:
- Activity Professional Certification required
- The ideal candidate should have experience in a long term health care facility planning social and recreational programs. Experience with Memory Care, Alzheimer’s and/or Dementia care preferred
- CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications are a plus
We offer a competitive rate of pay and a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- affordable health, dental, and vision insurance
- free life insurance
- short term disability
- vacation, sick pay, and paid holidays
- pension plan after 1 year
Apply online today if you have a genuine interest in a rewarding career working with a senior population!
Date Added: Nov, 21 2019