Full time Unit Manager responsible for overseeing nursing service functions to provide optimum nursing care for each individual resident on the assigned units. The Unit Manager must be knowledgeable of all established state and federal regulations in addition to St. Patrick’s Manor policies ensuring accurate interpretation and compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Integrate values identified within the Carmelite Mission and Philosophy of Care in all job assignments to promote a compassionate environment that provides emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families
- Accurately interpret and assure compliance with established policies, procedures and philosophy of care as set forward by St. Patrick’s Manor, nursing standards, DPH. and CMS.
- Make daily resident rounds and report to the Director of Nursing Service
- Review timely completion of residents’ MDS assessments and care plans with follow up action as necessary
- Review residents admitted and compare physician orders with each of resident’s plan of care to assure appropriate implementation of the physician’s plan of care
- Provides information to patients and health care team by answering questions and requests.
- Resolves patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies
- Maintain optimum nursing care on the units through effective and accurate communication with all members of the health care team on a twenty-four hour basis
- Communicate in a positive and helpful manner to all staff, family members and residents
- Direct, evaluate and supervise resident care and initiate corrective action as necessary
- Empower nursing staff by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain adequate staffing levels by recruiting replacement staff as necessary
- Hold staff meetings as needed
- Serve on committee meetings as requested
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Previous experience in which administrative, supervisory and leadership abilities have been demonstrated.
We offer a competitive rate of pay and a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- affordable health, dental, and vision insurance
- free life insurance
- short term disability
- vacation, sick pay, and paid holidays
- pension plan after 1 year
Apply online today if you have a genuine interest in a rewarding career working with a senior population!
Date Added: Jul, 16 2019